Eligibility to Join FMFA
In order to join, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old to fly solo (parental consent is required if you are under 18).
- Be at least 17 years old to receive your private pilot certificate.
- Possess, or be eligible to obtain, a valid FAA Airman Certificate. See FAA Airman Licenses and Certificates.
- Be able to obtain at least an FAA third-class or BasicMed medical certificate.
- Be a US citizen or be able to obtain TSA approval to receive flight training.
- Read, speak, write, and understand English.
- Be able to perform basic math: adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Dues and Fees
Members are responsible for ensuring that they remain in good standing with the activity by paying all dues, aircraft usage fees, and any other expenses they may incur.
Dues may be paid annually or monthly. In order to pay monthly you must have a credit card on file in Flight Schedule Pro.
Dues are $25/month or $300/yr.
Official aircraft usage rates are posted within FSP
. All flights are paid for at the time of flight.
Fees for consumables, i.e. charts etc, are posted within the activity and must be paid for when taken.
How to Join
In order to become a member you must first be eligible (see Eligibility section above). Once you are eligible you will need to do the following:
Learn to Fly»
- Fill out the membership application, release, and questionnaire and submit them to: FMFAnewmembers@gmail.com
- Pay a non refundable one time initiation fee of $150.
- Setup an automatic payment in FSP for monthly dues or pay for a full year in advance.
- Dues are currently $25/month or $300 if paid in advance. In order to pay monthly you must have a credit card on file within Flight Schedule Pro.
- Sign up for Flight Schedule Pro (FSP) here. Make sure you use the SAME email address you supplied on your application form as we will use it for verification.
Upon approval of your application complete a checkout with an activity instructor and written test for each aircraft you wish to fly. You will be assigned an instructor.